Monday, February 23, 2009

It's over...whew!















For the first time ever we were asked to speak as a family in sacrament meeting. First of all, I feel like we were tricked. I didn't know they called you into the bishops office to ask you to speak. Kurt and I both have callings, so when they called us in we couldn't imagine what it was for. After the formalities the first thing he asked was if we were going to be around on Feb. 22, what do you say except for...yeah? So he says "Well great, we would like your family to be the sacrament meeting program that day then." We walked out in complete shock! But it went great, my kids did awesome.
Kamren wasn't feeling very good so he feel asleep before his talk, so Kurt woke him up, helped him say his talk, and he went back to sleep. It was so funny. His primary teacher said he should be in the High Counsel because he falls asleep so easily on the stand.
Kyle did so good, he didn't even want me to stand by him to help in case he got nervous, he didn't have trouble on any of the words. I am so proud of him, and when he was done the first thing he did was take of his tie because it was Killing Him!
Kalli, of course, did great. I think she was the least nervous out of all of us. She definitely has a different personality than I do. Things like this don't even phase her. She is amazing!!!
Kurt's talk was awesome. He was so at ease at the pulpit. You would have thought it was millionth time, not his first.
I am so proud of my family!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job and so did everyone else! I was glad I got to come and listen in!

    ReplyDelete